Senior Account Manager
Our client is an award-winning global strategic communications consultancy supporting the world’s top companies on critical issues. Over the years they have supported clients across a broad range of verticals including corporate and financial communications, crisis & issues, public affairs and campaigns.
Our client has grown rapidly in recent years and finds itself at a very exciting point of inflection, including lofty growth ambitions for the next three years.
We are currently supporting their growing Financial Services team as they look to hire an ambitious Senior Account Manager with particular experience across the investment management space to support the practice growth in 2024 and beyond.
The team is one of the largest within the business and works on behalf of a wide portfolio of clients including banking, insurance asset & wealth management and private equity.
- Develop a deep understanding of the companies businesses to effectively interpret, develop and manage their message with a view to becoming a trusted source of advice.
- Play a key role in client planning and execution, generating ideas to help clients achieve their communications objectives.
- Drive activity to generate positive media coverage for clients - selling in stories to media proactively and spotting opportunities
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the traditional and social / digital media landscape to capitalise on opportunities for clients and support senior team members in identifying potential risks.
- Drafting communications on behalf of clients, with minimal need for changes / oversight – from press releases and social media content to reactive statements and Q&As.
- Play an active role in supporting on new business opportunities, assisting the team in developing and presenting new business proposals.
- Proactively network with contacts and potential clients; maintain and develop relationships with relevant journalists and analysts to inform and create opportunities for clients.
- Arranging and running media meeting, maintaining a log of all meetings and ensuring all client documentation is prepared and sent to clients when appropriate.
- Assisting with development of the companies analysts through hands-on guidance on client accounts and overseeing account infrastructure and admin.
- Experienced PR & Communications consultant with particular Financial Services exposure, ideally with agency experience
- Strong media contacts within the Investment Management space a bonus
- A passion for, knowledge of and a keen interest in finance and investment
- Excellent media relations and writing skills
- An effective team player with collaborative and pragmatic approach to working
- Creative, ambitious, and confident enough to deal with client matters at all levels
- Ability to drive and maintain momentum of account activity, adept at maintaining client service while juggling multiple demands
- Keen to take an active role in guiding and bringing on junior team members, as well as broader team management and growth
Here at Sapio Consulting we are not only proud to be equal opportunity employers in our own right but are also committed to and in the privileged position of being able to support each and every one of our clients and partners in their Diversity & Inclusion objectives and initiatives.
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and on their behalf we welcome candidates, applicants or prospective applicants regardless Age, Disability, Neurodiversity, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender identity or expression, Marriage or Civil Partnership or Partnership status, Pregnancy and Maternity or Parental status, Race, Religion or Beliefs, and Political Opinion. Download our DE&I Policy here.
Use the form below to register your interest